Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Surprise



This past weekend was the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Long Beach. I chose not to walk for a couple of reasons including busy wedding season that woud have made fundraising a travel difficult (I thought.) Well due to some surprise twists in life I found myself in Long Beach on Saturday for the morning. During the morning I sent my teamates text messages and tried to keep track of their locations. Maureen and Jean were finishing lunch when we drove up I yelled their names then we turned the corner and parked I got out of the car to see them running my way, they were shocked to see me. I walked about a half mile with Jean, we were so distracted talking I forgot to take a picture of her.






Here I am cheering at Seal Beach for random walkers while Max ordered lunch.


Maureen and I, several of my family and friends helped Maureen reach her goal she was so greatful for the generosity of so many strangers to her during this very tough year. THANK YOU!






Also at the rest stop I saw the big ice truck Evan jumped out for a big hug. Evan is Maureen's son he has crewed several years in a row and his hair style is a site to see every year.


I was on the phone with Diane asking shere she was when I saw Mike in his beautiful pink hard hat (remember flat mike from last year)
When we spotted Diane and Todd I yelled at Max to park he grabbed the first spot he saw and I hopped out and caught up with them chatting for a few minutes, expalining my presence.


Saying goodbye to Diane and Todd








As I was cheering in Seal Beach I spotted this cute couple. I would have loved to have walked but was very happy that the stars lined up andI was able to cheer the amazing walkers on!A few ranom shots Max was shopping at a toy store while I was cheering and walking with teamates.
Our hotel advertised lake views I am not quiet sure if this qualifies as a lake.
“It is not enough to take steps which may some say lead to a goal; each step must be itself a goal and a step likewise” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe















No comments: