Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I was very lucky for Max and I to both be off on my birthday. We enjoyed the day in Boulder City, checking out antique shops, lunch at Milo's, dessert at the old candy shop and delicious ice cream. We had a great time just relaxing and being silly. We left Boulder City and headed to a class we were both taking (exciting) After Class we enjoyed dinner with the family at Bucca Di Beppo (great food but let's just say our waitress will not earn her employee of the year.) Read the captions for the pictures for more details.

Happy Birthday to me (my wonderful presents included the book, a massage (my hubby is the best,) a very relaxing pedi mani last week with/from Chrissy, walking socks, and money towards a trip I want take along with dinner from my awesome parents.


I had a great time trying on hats at one of the antiqu stores. This is also the same store I found the most random prize a wooden nickel from my 3rd grade teacher Mr. Loliadias at OK Adcock ES.
Candy Shop
Playing an old Zoltar game outside of the candy shop. Zoltar told me "to step away from the stresses of life and relax for the day" boy did he get it right!

Posing with my hubby being silly with hat we found at one of the shops.
Dinner at Bucca I was very sad when our waitress asked me what I wanted for dessert and I told her cannoli's she replied "we don't have those any more." I almost cried and replied "cannolis are why I chose to come here." Fast forward to 20 minutes later and to our waitress poor service the kitchen manager when called in to help progress our meal along was able to produce my birthday cannolis (they don't carry them formally anymore but they do have a few hidden in the kitchen for those that ask.)

Sydney eating her first pizzaand her first spaghetti, she was an expert at sucking up the spagetti and tossing it around even on her mommies back.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun birthday-glad they had the cannolies-it's so dissappointing when you go somewhere for a special thing and then they no longer carry it-it happened to us here-one restaurant had a special dessert and then they changed their menu-we don't go there any more :(.You do have awesome parents and Miss Sydney is one cute baby-she is growing up so fast though! cz scrap

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add-love the hats! Seeing you with Zoltar reminded me of Tom Hanks in Big. cz scrap

megan said...

happy birthday luann!!!

sydney is getting so big, i can't believe it!

hi to the family for me!