Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Bountiful Basket full of Sides

My assignment for Fathers Day was sides.  I decided to wait for my weekly Bountiful Basket and let it guide me.  Check out the yummy stuff I made!  With a little help from Pintrest and my buddy Google.

The Baked Potato Salad was a huge hit!
5 large russet potatoes (from my basket)
1 1/4 cup mayo
1 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 hard boiled eggs (no yolks)
8 pieces crispy bacon 

boil eggs and potatoes cut into small pieces
combine all ingredients refrigerate and enjoy!

My family loved this!


Fruit Salad
I cut up and combined many of the yummy fruits from my basket.
Watermelon, grapes, nectarines, peaches, banana, pineapple, and a cantaloupe I already had!  Yippee there were left overs for me to enjoy this week in my lunches.

Cucumber Salad
This was super easy slice one large cucumber thinly add ranch dressing and toss.  For garnish I created a cucumber whale that I had pinned.

A close up of the killer whale
The real reason for the yummy food a Fathers day gathering.  Billy made the yummy kabobs and steaks, while Chrissy and Sydney created an amazing peanut butter brownie dessert.  



No comments: