Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Birds, Bees, and Beags

Today we headed up to the Mount Charleston Lodge for lunch on their doggie deck, so Lucy was able to join us on the adventure. We saw many birds, bees and of course the Beags aka Lucy the Beagle.

Beautiful clouds over the mountains

The Birds
There were humming birds all over. I was so glad I brought my zoom lens to catch these fast fliers. We also say another kind of bird but I don't know what it was.
Anyone know what these cute yellow birds are? they are smaller than a dove bigger than a parakeet.
The Bees
Not as cute as the birds or the Beag but still everywhere. They even interrupted lunch a bit. I do love some of these pictures though thanks to the zoom lens I may have a crop a few of these in really tight, but for today I am getting out of the camera and onto the blog.





The Beag
Lucy loved the truck ride in my lap as man drove. She also had a great time walking and sniffing all the new smells.

After a little editing this may be my new favorite picture.
I told you she was happy about our adventure look at that smile!
Tasting the air
Ready to go home after a mountain adventure!
It was a great way to spend a few hours in a a little cooler weather with the family.

No comments: