Monday, October 5, 2009

NY Apples

One of the things I was most looking forward to on this trip was apple picking. I know to many of you this is nothing special however it is something I have never has the opportunity to do and was very excited to try.



So prettyin the rain


I have to say the trees were shorter then I thought and it was amazing how full of fruit they were.


More pretty apples


I was not brave enough to climb up this ladder but it made for a pretty picture


A random picture of a father and son picking apples. What a great way to spend family time.
While there were lots of pre picked bushells I was very excited to pick my own and bring it home to Vegas I wonder what the TSA thought of my suitcase full of fruit.


I have had two apples a day all week but was not going to eat all of my special fruit while it was still fresh. So I made apple pie pockets




Look how pretty they are and I made it my self!


My pie was very very yummy, but I don't think I should have eaten 3 (ooohh my poor tummy was not happy)

I had a little left over pie crust so I made some crust cookies and painted maple syrup also from my trip onhte cookies. They eneded up being a very yummy not so sweet treat.















No comments: