Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

Last Wednesday I was driving and listening to Maya Angelo's radio show. She was talking to Veteran's and their impact on the society around them along with how they were helping other veterans. I almost cried at a few of the stories, and fears of some of these solders of there trials and tribulations upon returning home. While I may not agree with the decisions that have placed our armed forces in war time situations I am very grateful for the sacrifices that the soldiers and their families make in order to protect my freedoms.


Thank you!


As I pulled into my neighborhood I saw the following scene in the park next to the elementary school. It looked like 5th graders in a Civil War reenactment. Now that is a history lesson to remember!

No comments: